Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Phew! That was a close one!


On President's Day morning, I crawled out of bed around nine. Nic and I were hanging out talking about what we might want to do for the day since the kids had no school and he had work off. The movies? A hike at Red Rock? We settled on an 8 hr round trip to Corona Del Mar:) By 10 am we were loaded in the car and on our way.

Perhaps this wasn't the wisest choice while doing HCG. Perhaps we shouldn't have left the house when I was seriously...clean out of HCG groceries. But, what ev, we did it.

On the way we ordered asada tacos from Del Taco and dumped out the delicious contents on paper plates, discarding the tortillas. Oh heavenly smudges of guacamole. So bad, I know, but it was sort of the best we could do on the road. I comforted myself in the fact that Dr. Simeon said if you have to attend an event or travel, to just eat a small amount of the best thing that is available. So, that's what we did. It was really good. It was the first morsel of food I had eaten in over 30 days not prepared by my own hands. That was at noon.

On the way home at 9 pm, we got a steak Caesar salad at El Pollo Loco. Little evil niblits in there included some corn and little fried strips of tortilla. Nic ate none of the dressing, but I must confess I ate a small dab while he was in the bathroom at Chevron. The sneakiness of it and the 5 year old guilt that ensued wasn't worth the taste of it! Oh well. Oh, I also partook in the Nectar of the Gods - Diet Coke. Dang good. I kept having hiccup attacks from not being used to soda.

So, understandably, I was not really excited to weigh after my adventure. So I didn't. Then I was out of food yesterday morning and had to eat cottage cheese and pears. Then I got back on track after the grocery trip.

So I weighed today to assess the damage. I lost more in two days than I have in weeks! What in the????

Starting weight: 198.6
Today's weight: 176.0
Total Loss: 22.6 lbs

I don't get it, but I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment