Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hello Alligator, May I stick my head in your mouth?

Today was crazy. I went to a Valentine's Day party for my kids. It was great. There were so many moms I loved to see again from my old 'hood. There were fun things to do and oodles of valentines for the kids to trade. There was also a complete buffet of nibblies I wanted to eat. Brownies with pink cream cheese frosting. Cupcakes with crunchy sprinkles. Deviled eggs (which I can have on P#3 WOOO!). Peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses. Ranch dip and veggies. The worst though...a cookie pie. Don't ask me how it's done, but it was a pie with a soft gooey looking chocolate chip center and a crispy top. I cringe with unrequited craving. It was like waggling my head into an alligator's mouth. Dangerous craving y'all!

P.S. Isn't it majorly creepy how I remember all of the food there?

Well, the good news is I didn't eat any of if. So I was free to watch other people eat it. I never really payed attention to the eating habits of others. I was usually to busy eating myself to notice. But the skinny girls had...wait for it...a cookie. The chubby girls had more. A month ago, I would have eaten half of the buffet. Without hesitation or apology, half the buffet. I had the control not to this time, but what is it that makes me want to and the skinny girls are cool with a cookie? That's the million dollar question right there.

Oh, and Nic and my morbid obsession with Man V. Food marches on. Last night I cussed out loud when I saw the bacon cheeseburger served on Krispy Cream Donut buns. I cussed people. I don't cuss.

After a gain yesterday I was bummed and swore off my juicy nemesis : red meat for a couple of days. It worked.

Starting Weight: 198.6
Today's Weight : 180.4
Total Loss: 18.2 lbs Wow.

I can't wait to have someone who doesn't know I'm dieting say, "Hey, you are losing weight!"

Big fear: Cruise for my anniversary is coming up in May. I don't know if I can/should/will resist the midnight chocolate buffet. EVIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment