Friday, January 28, 2011

Round One Phase Two Day Nine

Well, I said I would be totally honest on how this diet makes me feel. Yesterday wasn't the greatest day. I'm wondering I just waited too long to eat. I didn't snack in the morning and I waited til noon to eat. By the afternoon I felt yucky. Dizzy, nauseous and sort of faint. Dr. Simeon recommends taking two teaspoons of sugar if you have a low blood sugar episode. Another source said that this type of feeling on HCG is called reactive hypoglycemia and is better treated with a combination of a small amount of protein with the sugar. So, I took a few swigs of o.j. and ate a little bit of lunch meat and a bit of cheese. The second source recommended lunch meat as it is a "sugary meat".

I had mixed feelings about doing it. Very quickly I have become invested in all the effort I have put in. I had no desire to cheat. I had no craving or want to eat something not on the diet. I felt conflicted. But I'm also going to listen to my body. It isn't worth feeling that way to me. If at any point I am not able to carry on my duties I won't be continuing. I think it will be okay. 7 out of eight of my friends say they got through it just fine. One friend said to keep some hard candy on hand and if that feeling comes to have one and rest for a bit.

The last two days I have felt like a person recovering from a stomach bug. Sort of weak in the knees and a bit run down. I'm hoping that feeling will change. Almost all the people I've spoken with said the first ten days are the hardest. I'm feeling okay in the hunger department. I'd sure like to nibble on the food I make for the kids, but other than that, I'm okay. I don't have an empty growly feeling at all. That is surprising to me. I don't get that HUNGER feeling. But I do feel unsatisfied with the food. I feel half queasy a lot of the time. Many times the thought of what I have to eat next sort of grosses me out.

The extra food I ate yesterday did not reflect on the scale today. My time of the month (TOM) is approaching and I've heard that can be frustrating as women tend to hold water weight and you miss waking up and seeing that loss on the scale. I'll try to hang tight for the next few days and remember that is what's going on.

Food Record:
Handful of strawberries warmed with vanilla stevia, Grissini bread stick, 100 gr. shrimp grilled with one onion, 100 gr. tuna on a bowl of spinach with a.c. vinegar and stevia, Grissini bread stick, one apple and 2 liters of water with lemon and stevia.

Weigh in:
Starting Weight
198.4
Today's Weight
188.2
Total loss of
10.2 lbs
NOT BAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment